02/13/2018 by dramalearningcenter 0 Comments
Urinetown – 5 Fast Facts
TYA Professional Training Program Spring and Summer auditions are fast approaching. Ahead of casting for our Spring production of Urinetown and Summer production of Junie B. Jones, we wanted to share some quick facts with you about our next mainstage show. Are you ready? Here we go…
- Urinetown played 965 performance on Broadway after 25 previews
- It opened September 20, 2001 (7 days after its scheduled opening, that was postponed due to the World Trade Center attack that cancelled Broadway shows for a brief period of time)
- Winner of 3 TONY Awards (nominated for another 7)
- Even though Urinetown was selling well and had just recouped its initial $3.7 million investment, it met an untimely end. Producers were notified that they needed to vacatethe Henry Miller Theatre as it was being torn down to make room for a new skyscraper. When the producers were unableto find a new home for the show, it remained permanently closed.
- Writers Mark Hollman and Greg Kotis are reportedly developing both a prequel and sequel for Urinetown.
Now that you know a little more about Urinetown than you did before, it’s time to schedule your audition! Get all of the information you need here.