09/05/2018 by dramalearningcenter 0 Comments
Getting To Know Our Private Instruction Faculty
The start of a new school year is a great time to start new activities or take your skills to the next level. As we embark on a new school year, we are filling out our private lesson studio rosters. Learn a little more about our private instruction faculty members and then sign up to spend some time with them in the private lesson studio to get ready for that next audition or add songs and monologues to your repertoire.
First up, we’re introducing Resident Music Director Tiffany Underwood Holmes!
Photo courtesy of THSquared Photos.
- Who do you teach in the studio? Advanced students, TYA Professional Training Program participants, and TYA Scholars
- What do you do outside of the private studio? I music direct TYA Senior Company’s shows, handle a lot of the administration and marketing for DLC, and play keyboard for some local shows. I also run medium-to-long distances, and enjoy traveling with my family.
- What’s your favorite Broadway show and why? Once. The cast is also the orchestra. The story is compelling, the music is amazing, and it takes place in Dublin—one of my favorite cities in the world.
- What’s your favorite thing about teaching private voice? I love teaching singers how to think—how to analyze what they’re hearing and doing so that they can solve problems and make decisions outside of the lesson studio. My favorite thing about teaching is seeing a student solve a problem on their own for the first time. You really see a big "A-HA"-style shift in what they are able to accomplish inside the studio and outside after that happens.
- How long have you been teaching? I’ve been music directing theatre and teaching private voice for 12 years. Many of my students have gone on to matriculate at competitive college musical theatre programs around the country.
Would you like to meet one of our private lesson faculty members before signing up for a lesson? NEW this year, we’re offering a limited number of personalized vocal assessments.
Our talented teaching artists would love to spend a little time one-on-one with you to hear you sing and make recommendations for next steps. Sign up now to be added to the waitlist for a free 15-minute vocal assessment. These are offered as available on a first-come, first-served basis.