03/05/2020 by dramalearningcenter 0 Comments
5 Fast Moana Facts
Getting Ready for Spring Drama with Fast Facts About Moana
We are stoked around here to produce Disney’s Moana Jr. this Spring. As we gear up for our Spring drama classes, let’s learn a little more about this fun Disney story that will transform from screen to stage.
- Moana’s name means "ocean in many Polynesian languages, including Hawaiian and Maori.
- In one version of the story, Moana had nine older brothers that left the island. Their sister would eventually journey to rescue them.
- Moana’s necklace represents her ties to both land and sea while the stars represent her identity as a navigator.
- Moana was the second protagonist of Polynesian descent in a Disney animated feature. The first? Lilo from Lilo & Stitch.
- Just like all other Disney Princesses, Moana does not have a last name.
Have you registered for a Spring Moana drama class yet at DLC? Many classes are already full. Register for the following classes while you still can:
- Saturday Broadway Babies
- Saturday Middle/High School Musical Theatre
- Saturday Elementary/Middle Musical Theatre
- Tuesday Broadway Babies
AND due to popular demand…
We are pleased to be offering a second section of Saturday Beginning Acting Class (grades K-2) that will meet from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm for those that were unable to get into either of our other sections of Beginning Acting before they filled. Register now while you still can!
Find more details and facts like these at the Moana Wiki on Fandom, where we found these fun pieces of Moana trivia.