10/24/2017 by dramalearningcenter 15 Comments
5 Facts About the 3 Good Fairies
We’re going to have so much fun bringing the story of Disney’s Sleeping Beauty to magical new life on our stage this Winter in our Beginning Acting Classes! Let’s learn a couple of facts about some of the main characters in this classic Disney fairytale ahead of our Winter session.
- Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather are also known collectively as the "Three Good Fairies." Flora wears red, Fauna wears green, and Merryweather dresses in shades of blue.
- As a group, the three good fairies have powerful magical abilities, channeled by their wands. They are able to do many magical things such as shrinking in size, flying, bringing inanimate objects to life, and putting people to sleep.
- The three good fairies were inspired by the seven fairies from the original "Sleeping Beauty" fairy tale by Charles Perrault.
- The three good fairies are also Princess Aurora’s guardians. They raise her in a woodcutter’s cottage in the forest to protect her from Maleficent.
- Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather don’t just appear in the original film or in our stage adaptation. Their characters can also be found in Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams, Disney Junior hit show Sofia the First, live action film Maleficent, and Descendants 2.
Join Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather this Winter in Beginning Acting Class on Friday evenings or Saturday mornings. These drama classes designed especially for students grades K-2 will round out your student’s performing arts education this Winter perfectly! Register today for a chance to come on our annual NYC bus trip– this year to see Disney’s Frozen on Broadway while seats are still available.